A bit of cheek
- All the paintings Jack carries with him in the movie Titanic are actually drawn by James Cameron (the director).
- He also drew the nude-Rose picture himself.
- Earl Wild, the first person to play the piano on US television was also the first to stream a performance on the Internet 58 years later.
- The Beastie Boys won a lawsuit against a company for the unauthorised use of their song "Girls", and had the $1 Million settlement donated to a charity supporting education for Girls.
- In Switzerland it is illegal to own just one guinea pig. This is because guinea pigs are social animals, and they are considered victims of abuse if they are alone.
- Pteronophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers. It’s also a fear of feathers themselves. The word “ptero” is the Greek word for feather, and “phobia” is also Greek, meaning fear.
- A flock of crows is known as a murder. Some might say that a group of two crows is an attempted murder!
- The oldest “your mom” joke was discovered on a 3,500 year old Babylonian tablet. It was discovered in Iraq in 1976, however since then the tablet has been lost, but the text remains preserved.
- 29th May is officially “Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day”. This strange holiday spans back to the early 1900’s, where families would place a piece of cloth in their larders. It’s celebrated in Europe and the U.S.A to bring luck & wealth to the household.
- If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop. Kangaroos use their tails for balance whilst hopping, so if you elevate their tail, they would have no balance and fall over.
- Bananas are curved because they grow towards the sun. Bananas go through a process called “negative geotropism.” Instead of growing towards the ground, they start growing towards the sun. The fruit grows against gravity, which gives the banana its familiar curved shape.
- If Pinocchio says “My Nose Will Grow Now”, it would cause a paradox. If you think about it, Pinocchio’s nose would have to grow to make his statement not a lie, but then it can’t grow otherwise the statement would not be a lie.
- Movie trailers were originally shown after the movie, which is why they were called “trailers”. The problem with the trailers showing after the film was that audience wouldn’t stay around to watch them, making the trailers rather ineffective.
- In 2017 more people were killed from injuries caused by taking a selfie than by shark attacks.
- Some Cats Are Actually Allergic to Humans.
- The Hottest Temperature Ever Recorded on Earth Was 2 Billion Degrees.
- Kelvin High Heels Were Originally Worn by Men.
- There Was a Successful Tinder Match in Antarctica in 2014.
We’re a New Zealand owned company, operating out of Auckland. Since 2019 we have expanded to have a team in our London office, servicing the United Kingdom.
Our objective has always been to simplify sustainability by creating everyday products with innovative, mindful materials.